How can we help?
Learn everything about VoIP with our VoIP FAQ
Is IP telephony secure?
IP telephony is an effective solution for protecting your communications and business as long as you choose a provider that complies with the latest ISO security standards. ISO standardization generally draws on specific protocols, like TLS (Transport Layer Security protocol), which encrypts your data to ensure information cannot be read if it is intercepted. You VoIP provider should also use secure data centers and monitor call traffic to identify any suspicious activity.
Just like any other technology, however, IP telephony is not immune to threats such as denial of service, malware, spam calls or eavesdropping. Companies need to take appropriate measures to protect themselves from such threats and further enhance security, by:
- checking the effectiveness of security protocols;
- securing access (password encryption, restricted access, etc.);
- training staff in the risks involved;
- selecting a provider that ensures the VoIP system is secure.
Read more about VOIP
- How VoIP Works, and Why it’s Better for Your Business
The science behind VoIP is complex, but we at Aircall want to help you gain a better understanding of how it works, and why it makes sense to use VoIP technology for your business phone.
- Softphone Solutions for Businesses: Types and Advantages
Softphones eliminate the need for physical desk phones or an office setting. Cloud-based softphone solutions provide productivity and cost-saving benefits.
- What Every Business Should Understand About VoIP Security
We answer some of the biggest security risks involved in using VoIP technology and find out what you can do to protect your business from attack.