How can we help?
Learn everything about VoIP with our VoIP FAQ
What is a VoIP phone number?
A VoIP number is similar to a regular phone number. No matter what indicator it starts with (01, 02, etc.) it allows people to call you via Internet protocol and enables you to place calls.
Aircall can also offer you additional features based on your needs:
How can I get a VoIP number?
To get a VoIP number, you have to request one from a VoIP provider. With the Aircall application, you can have one or several VoIP numbers and benefit from additional features to better manage your company’s telephony, starting from our Essentials plan:
- call routing
- call conferencing
- call center analytics
- and even call recording
Request a demo to learn more about VoIP numbers and the features of Aircall’s telephony software.
Is IP telephony secure?
Like any IT system, an IP telephony system may have vulnerabilities. There are 5 main types:
- denial-of-service attacks, in which a server is overloaded with requests to the point that the application becomes unresponsive
- malware and computer viruses that can compromise security
- unauthorized eavesdropping with the intent to acquire sensitive information
- automated spam calls placed by bots
- call redirection with a fraudulently modified forwarding number
However, these risks are generally common to all telephony and computer systems. We have a handy list of best practices to follow to better protect your IP telephony system and be aware of the potential risks.
Aircall’s VoIP solution is comprehensively secured (calls are encrypted, passwords aren’t stored, credit card numbers aren't stored, etc.). Try our application for free for 7 days to see what it can add to your company telephony.
Read more about VOIP
- How VoIP Works, and Why it’s Better for Your Business
The science behind VoIP is complex, but we at Aircall want to help you gain a better understanding of how it works, and why it makes sense to use VoIP technology for your business phone.
- Softphone Solutions for Businesses: Types and Advantages
Softphones eliminate the need for physical desk phones or an office setting. Cloud-based softphone solutions provide productivity and cost-saving benefits.
- What Every Business Should Understand About VoIP Security
We answer some of the biggest security risks involved in using VoIP technology and find out what you can do to protect your business from attack.