How can we help?
Learn everything about VoIP with our VoIP FAQ
Are VoIP systems reliable?
IP telephony is a very reliable solution in terms of maximizing call quality and system uptime, although it requires high-performance equipment:
- a stable, high-speed WiFi, Ethernet or 4G internet connection;
- a correctly configured enterprise router that can accommodate the number of users;
- a device with enough random access memory (computer, smartphone, etc.);
- high-quality hardware (microphone, headset, etc.).
The reliability of VoIP technology also depends on your provider’s service quality, especially in terms of service availability. The following criteria should generally be considered in order to choose the right provider:
- the service-level agreement (SLA) setting out which services the provider undertakes to deliver;
- the geographical location of the servers and any areas not covered by the service;
- the technical team’s availability to help you configure your IP telephone system and solve any problems;
- the frequency of updates to ensure the service is reliable and secure.
Read more about VOIP
- How VoIP Works, and Why it’s Better for Your Business
The science behind VoIP is complex, but we at Aircall want to help you gain a better understanding of how it works, and why it makes sense to use VoIP technology for your business phone.
- Softphone Solutions for Businesses: Types and Advantages
Softphones eliminate the need for physical desk phones or an office setting. Cloud-based softphone solutions provide productivity and cost-saving benefits.
- What Every Business Should Understand About VoIP Security
We answer some of the biggest security risks involved in using VoIP technology and find out what you can do to protect your business from attack.