How can we help?
Learn everything about VoIP with our VoIP FAQ
How do I set up IP telephony
The set-up process for your VoIP telephony solution depends on the system you’ve chosen.
- Software: all you need to do is use your chosen Internet-connected device (desktop, laptop, etc.) to download a software program; the connected services are hosted in the cloud. Calls are placed and received using the computer interface, with a microphone-equipped headset.
- Hardware: if you have a physical IP telephone, you have to connect it to your local network with an Ethernet cable.
Aircall gives you the convenience of a cloud solution: you can connect your telephony system to your computer system with an application to maximize its effectiveness.
How can I block VoIP calls?
Most VoIP solutions, including Aircall, allow the user to blocklist certain numbers. You can easily block unwanted calls in the Aircall dashboard by adding or deleting the numbers of your choice.
Read more about VOIP
- How VoIP Works, and Why it’s Better for Your Business
The science behind VoIP is complex, but we at Aircall want to help you gain a better understanding of how it works, and why it makes sense to use VoIP technology for your business phone.
- Softphone Solutions for Businesses: Types and Advantages
Softphones eliminate the need for physical desk phones or an office setting. Cloud-based softphone solutions provide productivity and cost-saving benefits.
- What Every Business Should Understand About VoIP Security
We answer some of the biggest security risks involved in using VoIP technology and find out what you can do to protect your business from attack.