Recruiters and HR professionals know, finding and retaining the right talent isn’t an objective science. It requires going beyond what’s merely on one’s resume and uncovering passion, intent, and personality. Central to learning these “intangibles” is seamless and regular communication. And when it comes to truly learning about a candidate (especially for an initial screening), a phone call is still the preferred method of reaching out.
Today’s recruiters are faced with a huge, and mission critical, task. To create the best matches for clients and candidates, recruiting teams need to work quickly and efficiently. Especially today, in the era of instant communication, it’s essential to be agile and innovative.
A cloud-based phone system takes the hassle out of traditional talent management which can quickly become time-consuming and costly. Phone contact is, has been, and likely will be the favored mode of communication for recruiters. The right cloud phone system and HR software help your talent teams stand out above the crowd.
The Role of a Cloud-Based Phone System for Recruiting Teams
Competition in the talent management industry continues to be high. Talent management software programs and VoIP integrations provide the features and artificial intelligence (AI) for recruiting teams to improve the job search process.
A recent Deloitte Human Capital Trends report shows that 38% of companies use artificial intelligence (AI) and 62% of companies expect to start using artificial intelligence by the end of the year. Deloitte also reports that companies that use AI, predictive data analytics, and other forms of technology attain 18% higher revenue and over 30% greater profit over companies that are lagging behind with technological advances.
The phone is still a staple in the talent management industry, and a cloud-based phone system gives you the best that voice communication and digital innovation have to offer. Recruiting teams are using cloud-based phones for these important reasons:
- 1. Eliminates bias – Deloitte explains how cloud phone systems and HR software help to eliminate bias. They state, “The practice sharpens the talent acquisition function by using data-driven analytics and digital, cognitive tools to better source and assess candidates and prevent possible misjudgments caused by bias or false logic.”
- 2. Streamlines workflows to create efficiency – A cloud-based phone system and talent management software support human interaction which is necessary for engaging with job applicants and candidates. The right digital tools streamline the process of matching up employer job position requirements with applicant job skills to narrow down candidates that have the right mix of experience, skills, and cultural fit.
- 3. Facilitates faster hiring – A modern phone system and HR software are efficient tools that assist talent teams in developing relationships with the top candidates for their clients. These tools save them hours of time by eliminating manual note taking and time-staking processes. Talent management software helps keep data organized, so recruiters can hire employees faster. A cloud phone system and VoIP integrations can speed up the hiring process from weeks or months to days.
- 4. Keeps the talent pipeline full – Efficient talent teams build a strategic pipeline of talent so they can be proactive in matching clients with prospective candidates. The right tools and workflows can help to identify candidates for positions that are hard to fill.
Traditional methods of recruiting are inefficient by today’s standards. They’re time-consuming and expensive. Overall, the role of a cloud-based phone system for recruiting teams is to create efficiency in the hiring process.
The Benefits of a Cloud Phone System for Recruiting Teams
Resumes and CVs give recruiting teams a great deal of information about job-seekers, but even the most detailed resumes only tell them so much. Phone communication gives recruiting teams a read on job candidates’ personalities and interpersonal skills to help them determine the best job fit. When making the best matches between employers and employees, recruitment specialists simply can’t take shortcuts. To be successful in their recruitment efforts, talent teams have to do a thorough job of assessing job skills and qualifications and get the right fit for both parties.
Inefficient workflows frustrate recruiting teams which can lead to the risk of high turnover within your recruiting team. You don’t want to have to put yourself in the position of having to find talent to fill your own vacancies. A cloud phone system has all the right tools to ensure streamlined, efficient workflows. Members of your talent teams will have greater confidence in their abilities to meet their goals when they have easy access to the right data. Ultimately, it results in greater job satisfaction and retention.
Here is a quick rundown of the benefits of a cloud phone system for recruiting teams:
- Greater efficiency by using automated tools to recruit candidates.
- Eliminates the need to sort through stacks of paper resumes and CVs.
- Streamlines the process for selecting the right job candidates.
- Automates the processes for outreach and scheduling interviews.
- Automated call logging and ticketing insurers that handwritten notes don’t get lost.
- Recruiting team members can access data in real-time. One team member can pick up where another leaves off.
- A cloud-based phone system is mobile-friendly, so team members are never out of contact.
- Team members can transfer calls no matter where they are so another team member can help a client or candidate right away.
- Team members can easily switch communication channels between phone, chat, email, and text.
Making Your Recruiting Team Stand Out with Call Center Software
The top recruiters are creative, diligent, and well organized. Reoot Peleg, HR expert and the founder of HR for HR, says, “The fields of recruitment and marketing in the digital age have a significant overlap.” The only difference is that recruiters create branding for companies, while marketers create branding for customers. Peleg encourages HR professionals to think of recruiting candidates in the same way that marketers attract consumers to retailers.
Effective recruiting begins with creating detailed candidate personas and then using those profiles to attract job candidates using public relations strategies, blog posts, and other marketing strategies. Automation provides an efficient way to track your progress.
The main benefit of a cloud-based phone system is that you never miss a call from a customer or a job candidate. Automatic ticketing gives recruiters updated information as to the status of jobs and job seekers in real-time. Software solutions track open positions for customers to help fill those positions faster in much the same way that salespeople track leads through the sales funnel. Your recruiters always have the information they need at a glance. Call routing and IVR features help to get calls to the right person at the first ring.
Since cloud-based phone systems are internet-based, recruiters can check into the call center from any location. Also, cloud phone systems are mobile-friendly so recruiters can easily work while they’re on the go.
Overall, a cloud-based phone system will help you recruit employees faster and more efficiently, giving you the edge over your competition.
How Recruiting Teams Can Best Implement Cloud-Based Phone Software
Just as in retail sales, you’re recruiting clients and job seekers are looking for a professional relationship and a good experience. Talent management software automates many of the processes you’ve been doing manually in the past which saves countless hours of time. You can use the time you save to assess talent and build your customers’ brands.
Here is a look at how cloud phone system features assist your recruiting teams to work more efficiently:
- Call routing-Automatically routes calls to the person clients prefer working with or the next available person.
- Call extensions-Clients and candidates can dial their recruiter’s extension directly.
- Automatic call tagging-Tags calls in real-time so any recruiter can get the latest updates.
- Power dialing-recruiters can easily dial job applicants in quick succession.
- Click-to-dial-Saves recruiters time of having to manually dial individual phone numbers.
- Call recording-Records calls for review which is helpful when narrowing down the top candidates.
- Interactive voice response (IVR)-Set up an automated voice recording with instructions on how to reach a recruiter at the earliest opportunity.
- Call commenting and assignment-Assign calls to a talent team member and leave a comment.
How do you build effective recruitment workflows? AV Network recommends starting with automation to bring extreme efficiency to your workflows and follow that by layering on innovation. That’s exactly the idea behind a cloud-based phone system that works with software integrations.
VoIP Integrations for Recruiting Teams
With Aircall, you get all the voice features listed above and much more. What’s even better is that Aircall’s App Marketplace lists several HR software integrations to help your recruiting teams work even more efficiently. All apps sync inbound and outbound calls with your applicant management system.
Here’s a look at a few of them and how they create efficiency for your talent teams:
- JobAdder-Automatically logs calls and adds caller details. Recruiting teams can instantly see the caller’s name and information so they can have an updated, personalized conversation.
- Bullhorn-Syncs calls automatically and logs them into your system. Automatically creates new records for new callers.
- OTYS-Automatically logs inbound and outbound calls, adds notes and labels. Automatically records calls. Recruiters can see potential LinkedIn job offers and all outstanding tasks.
- Recruitly-Provides a single source of data for your phone system, CRM, applicant tracking system, and marketing and job distribution modules.
- Rippling-Uses single sign-on to allow users to access multiple applications with one set of login credentials and set custom provisioning rules. Syncs all data in a single place which eliminates the need to update information in multiple systems.
- TalentLyft-Quickly call candidates directly from this app while logging your outbound calls. Calls will be visible and the candidate activity feed in real-time. Saves time with automatic call logging. Records calls to get the full scope of communications with candidates.
There’s no question that we’re living in the age of digital recruiting. Talent management software gives you the analytics and data you need to inform the most efficient workflows. An Aircall cloud-based phone system, along with the right HR software give you a robust set of features and benefits to run a productive recruitment call center.