A better option
Increase customer satisfaction
Let callers know you value their time by giving them the ability to opt out of your queue and be called back later. Nobody likes a lengthy wait.
Reduce call abandonment rates
Callback requests help you simultaneously satisfy callers who are too busy to stay in the queue and reduce the wait for whoever is next in line.
Trusted by 6,000+ companies
Ready to build better conversations?
Aircall runs on the device you're using right now.Schedule a demo
Connect to the business tools you love
Frequently Asked Questions
What is queue callback?
__Queue callback__—also called __automatic callback__—lets you know when a customer wishes to be called back later.
This feature is very simple. When a customer calls and all agents are already occupied, they typically have two options: wait for an agent to become available and answer, or hang up and call back later.
With queue callback, there is now a third option: indicating that they would like to be called back. After choosing this option, the customer can hang up. The department that they want to speak to will receive a notification. An agent will call the customer back as soon as they are available, so the customer doesn't have to wait on hold. The phone number they wish to be called back on will be verified and a customer can rest assured they will get a callback within the suggested time frame, instead of waiting on hold with no guaranteed end in sight.
How does automatic callback work?
Automatic callback is another feature of your CTI (computer telephony integration). This solution integrates your phone system with your computer system. Your agents can then make calls through a designated software instead of using a traditional physical phone.
Once the queue callback feature is integrated into the Aircall CTI, customers’ and prospects’ incoming calls are placed in a queue until an agent is able to respond. Instead of waiting on hold, they can press the * (star) key on their phone to request to be called back later.
A notification is automatically created in the inbox of your phone application. The department requested (sales, after-sales service, etc.) receives this alert that a person wants to be called back. As soon as an agent is available, all they have to do is click on the notification to place the call to the customer and address their request. Once the request has been handled, that information appears in the software so that other agents know that that customer no longer needs a call back.
What are the advantages of automatic callback?
Waiting on hold over the phone has two main disadvantages: it makes customers frustrated and it increases the number of abandoned calls.
With queue callback, you solve both of these problems. Customers who want to contact you can choose to wait or not. In the second case, all they have to do is press * to let you know that they wish to be called back. It’s very simple—they don’t need to give their phone number or name.
Your customer service department immediately receives the notification and can call them back as soon as possible. Automatic callback optimizes several aspects of your business:
- you reduce wait time for your clients;
- you offer a practical solution that meets callers’ needs;
- you increase your call response rate;
- your agents can focus on their current interaction without worrying about customers on hold.
Request a demo to see how queue callback can improve your call management and customer experience.
How do I activate automatic callback?
To use the automatic callback feature, you must be subscribed to the Professional Plan or to a custom plan that includes this feature.
Follow the steps below to activate queue callback:
- Sign in to the dashboard of Aircall's CTI.
- Select the number that you want to activate callback requests for.
- Click on “Settings” in the upper right corner of the settings page.
- Scroll through the list until you arrive at “Callback request”.
- Click on the icon to activate queue callback.
- Repeat for the other numbers that you want to activate this feature for.
- Update your hold messages to let your customers know that they can press the * key to be called back later.
Try Aircall for free for 7 days and see how our solution can optimize your business.
How to optimise queue callback?
You must have a CTI solution to be able to use the queue callback feature. This solution allows you to manage your phone activity from your computer system.
To optimize queue callback, you can add even more features to your phone application:
- call queuing to keep callers on hold and customize your hold messages;
- time-based routing to allow each team member to put in available hours to take calls and respond to requests for a call back;
- call forwarding to mobile, which forwards calls to one or more mobile phones, as desired, when you’re on the go;
- shared call inbox to create a teamwide list of calls to handle;
- call recording to analyze phone conversations and optimize customer relations.
The phone system for modern business