There are likely to be a number of significant medium-term developments in VoIP, especially in response to emerging corporate needs and by building on innovative technologies.
Rapid growth with the end of the PSTN network: phasing-out of the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), the traditional landline telephone network, started in 2018 and should be complete by 2023. Many companies still using this technology are likely to switch to VoIP, particularly so they can have their numbers ported to the new network and remain operational.
Enhanced performance with 5G: rolled out from the end of 2020, 5G networks are up to ten times faster than 4G. A credible alternative to fiber broadband, this ground-breaking technology will enhance the power and performance of IP telephone systems, especially for mobile use.
Artificial intelligence (AI): new, innovative technologies will certainly expand the range of services that IP telephony can offer. This is particularly true of artificial intelligence, which should be able to automate tasks, transcribe calls, automatically identify callers and enhance training.
VoIP for Business
- How to choose a business VoIP provider in Australia
- What Features Can I Expect From the UK’s Best VoIP Providers?
- What Are the Advantages of Using VoIP, and Why Are VoIP Solutions Better Than Traditional Phone Services?
- How to Choose the Best VoIP for Small Businesses and the Benefits of Cloud-Based Services
- Everything You Need to Know About Hosted VoIP and Why You Need a Cloud-Based VoIP for Your Business
- Why a Business VoIP Phone Service Is the Right Choice for Companies of All Sizes and How It Will Empower Your Workforce to Excel
Read more about VOIP
How VoIP Works, and Why it’s Better for Your Business
The science behind VoIP is complex, but we at Aircall want to help you gain a better understanding of how it works, and why it makes sense to use VoIP technology for your business phone.
Softphone Solutions for Businesses: Types and Advantages
Softphones eliminate the need for physical desk phones or an office setting. Cloud-based softphone solutions provide productivity and cost-saving benefits.
Ready to build better conversations?
Aircall runs on the device you're using right now.