When evaluating different cloud-based phone solutions, it’s important to compare service providers based on what your team needs.
Built to help you streamline business communication, Nextiva is a VoIP solution that offers a connected experience through the phone, SMS, email, and chat. While it also offers additional products and services, its voice solution is what we’ll focus on here.
Whether you’re a current Nextiva user and are looking to switch providers or you’re exploring a cloud-based phone solution for the first time, in this article, we’ll break down the advantages and disadvantages of six Nextiva alternatives.
Let’s take a look at how these alternatives can help you make more calls, provide a stronger customer experience, and reach your goals.
Why Do You Need to Search for a Nextiva Alternative?
If you’re already a Nextiva user, you might be searching for a more reliable cloud-based phone solution that’s easy to set up and will help you and your team save time. You also might be looking for a solution that will scale with you as you grow.
With so many cloud-based business phone systems on the market, it can be difficult to figure out which one is the best choice.
To narrow down your options, consider the factors, features, and services your small business needs (especially if your priorities have changed). Keep reading to take a closer look at the evaluation criteria you should consider before making the switch!
What to Look for in a Nextiva Alternative
More calls shouldn’t mean more problems. Here are some factors to look for as you explore Nextiva alternatives.
When you have high call volumes, you need a cloud-based business phone system that won’t drop your calls. Downtime is disastrous for a business that prioritizes communication. Is your business communications provider up to the task?
Every second counts when you are trying to increase your call output. We know that you can’t afford to waste time. Here are some ways your cloud-based business system should save you time:
Having access to a diverse library of integrations means that you can manage several tasks from one dashboard, letting you carry on with making calls. Not every business phone provider seamlessly connects with the business tools you already use unless you’re willing to pay higher premiums, so keep this in mind when you’re researching Nextiva alternatives.
Having the right integrations in place can help your business automate labor-intensive and time-consuming tasks like data entry. When these processes are taken care of automatically, your team has more time to focus on what matters most.
3. Quick and easy onboarding
Selecting business phone software with a well-designed and easy-to-use interface means that you’ll spend less time walking your team through the new interface and more time on work that actually matters. If your new provider doesn’t offer a one-click setup, then you may wish to consider an alternative.
Comparison of the 6 Best Nextiva Alternatives
Let’s have a look at the six best alternatives to Nextiva and how they stack up in regard to integrations, features, and pricing.
- Number of Entry-Level Integrations: 100+
- Entry-Level Features: Softphone for desktop, Android, and iOS; IVR; call recording; basic analytics; warm transfers; live group onboarding sessions; customers can enjoy 50+ features on our Essentials plan alone
- Rating: 4.3 stars
- Price: Starting from $30 per user per month
- Number of Entry-Level Integrations: None of the 60 integrations that 8×8 offers are available on its Express plan.
- Entry-Level Features: Unlimited calling in the U.S. and Canada; voicemail; music on hold; basic auto-attendant; unified mobile, desktop, and web app; 8×8 Work
- Rating: 4.1 stars
- Price: Starting from $15 per user per month
- Number of Entry-Level Integrations: None of RingCentral’s integrations are available to customers on its Essentials plan.
- Entry-Level Features: Android and iOS app, unlimited calls in the U.S. and Canada, voicemail-to-text, call log reports, team messaging
- Rating: 3.9 stars
- Price: Starting from $32.99 per user per month
- Number of Entry-Level Integrations: 2
- Entry-Level Features: Unlimited video meetings; call and voicemail transcriptions powered by AI; web and chat support; unlimited calls, MMSs, and SMSs
- Rating: 4.4 stars
- Price: Starting from $23 per user per month
- Number of Entry-Level Integrations: None of CloudTalk’s integrations are offered to customers on its Starter package.
- Entry-Level Features: Mobile app, click to call, unlimited inbound and intracompany calls, call queuing, international numbers
- Rating: 4.3 stars
- Price: Starting from $25 per user per month
- Number of Entry-Level Integrations: Of the 20+ integrations Vonage offers, 14 are free to use
- Entry-Level Features: Mobile and desktop apps, unlimited calls and SMS, Vonage App Center, team messaging
- Rating: 4.3 stars
- Price: Starting from $19.99 per user per month
What Makes Aircall Different?
Aircall is an industry leader in the cloud-based business phone solutions market. Aircall prides itself on reliability with multiple, worldwide, AWS-enabled data centers that guarantee call quality and a 99.99% uptime. But that isn’t all Aircall can do for you. Have a look at the other features that make Aircall the preferred choice for businesses with high call volumes.
Nextiva offers a limited amount of features on its basic plan compared to its mid- and top-tier plans. This type of pricing model is mirrored by almost all the alternatives listed above except for Aircall. Aircall offers a generous selection of useful features even on its most entry-level plan, making its services some of the most accessible on the market.
Nextiva has a maximum of 19 integrations, most of which can only be accessed on its top-tier plan. Many of the alternatives also only provide one or two integrations on their basic plans and reserve the rest for their mid- to top-tier options. Aircall is the only alternative to offer all of its customers access to its app ecosystem of over 100 integrations—no matter the plan they are on.
When you’re in the business of making high call volumes, then you understand how essential transparent communication is. Aircall understands that, too. Unlike most other providers, Aircall offers expert, in-house support to all of its customers.
Aircall saves you time
- 1 minute saved per call
- 8 minutes saved every hour
- 20% boost in team productivity
Unlimited concurrent calls
Aircall lets you make an unlimited amount of calls at the same time, with the same number.
Never miss a call again
With essential features like ring-on speakers, desktop notifications, and warm transfers, your CSAT scores are about to grow exponentially.
Real people, real reviews
Thousands of businesses trust Aircall. Here’s why Aircall is the preferred cloud-based phone system for multiple businesses.
“We spent 3 weeks (and countless headaches) trying to set up a phone system from a competitor. After 3 weeks, we still weren’t able to make a phone call. The day that I discovered Aircall, I had a functional trial in my hands, was able to make a call on a new phone number, and then had my whole team set up. Very impressed with the service.”— Devon M, MD
”The setup and configuration of Aircall is a dream. It’s so easy to create new numbers, set up IVRs, and change people around to different teams if needed.” — Sara Tiffany, General Manager at AirTreks
”We’ve tried Dialpad, Grasshopper, Freshcaller, and more, but Aircall’s live and post-call tagging, note-taking, and call assignment features are the best out there.” — Maita L
Making Calls Made Easy With Aircall
Make calls when you want to, how you want to with Aircall. Increase and manage your call volume with ease. Try it free for 7 days and see how for yourself how Aircall is the key to having better business conversations.