VoIP, or Voice over IP, is a technology that transmits voice over IP (Internet Protocol) networks. Unlike traditional telephony, which uses physical phone lines, IP telephony makes it possible to place and receive calls over the Internet, and to do so using a variety of devices (smartphone, laptop or desktop, tablet, IP phone, etc.).
Voice calls undergo a series of transformations when placed with VoIP: the sound is transformed into electrical signals, converted into binary, scrambled, transmitted over the Internet, and reconstituted upon arrival. VoIP is an adaptable, customizable solution that multiplies telephony’s potential while reducing call costs. It’s an essential tool for companies, especially within departments that handle high call volumes (customer service, marketing, etc.).
VoIP for Business
- How to choose a business VoIP provider in Australia
- What Features Can I Expect From the UK’s Best VoIP Providers?
- What Are the Advantages of Using VoIP, and Why Are VoIP Solutions Better Than Traditional Phone Services?
- How to Choose the Best VoIP for Small Businesses and the Benefits of Cloud-Based Services
- Everything You Need to Know About Hosted VoIP and Why You Need a Cloud-Based VoIP for Your Business
- Why a Business VoIP Phone Service Is the Right Choice for Companies of All Sizes and How It Will Empower Your Workforce to Excel
Read more about VOIP
How VoIP Works, and Why it’s Better for Your Business
The science behind VoIP is complex, but we at Aircall want to help you gain a better understanding of how it works, and why it makes sense to use VoIP technology for your business phone.
Softphone Solutions for Businesses: Types and Advantages
Softphones eliminate the need for physical desk phones or an office setting. Cloud-based softphone solutions provide productivity and cost-saving benefits.
Ready to build better conversations?
Aircall runs on the device you're using right now.