Most VoIP providers offer an app that allows users to receive and make calls from a mobile phone. One of them is the Aircall mobile app, which enables you to manage all your business calls on iPhone or Android and take advantage of all the benefits of IP telephony while on the move. It is also an opportunity to use everyday features, such as:
a hotline for setting up the line availability schedule;
and contact sharing between colleagues.
If you work from an office, you can also make VoIP calls from an IP phone connected to your local network. It is generally connected to a computer to ensure that conversations and contacts are managed effectively. If you or one of your colleagues is not in the office, you can configure the software to transfer calls to a mobile phone.
VoIP for Business
- How to choose a business VoIP provider in Australia
- What Features Can I Expect From the UK’s Best VoIP Providers?
- What Are the Advantages of Using VoIP, and Why Are VoIP Solutions Better Than Traditional Phone Services?
- How to Choose the Best VoIP for Small Businesses and the Benefits of Cloud-Based Services
- Everything You Need to Know About Hosted VoIP and Why You Need a Cloud-Based VoIP for Your Business
- Why a Business VoIP Phone Service Is the Right Choice for Companies of All Sizes and How It Will Empower Your Workforce to Excel
Read more about VOIP
How VoIP Works, and Why it’s Better for Your Business
The science behind VoIP is complex, but we at Aircall want to help you gain a better understanding of how it works, and why it makes sense to use VoIP technology for your business phone.
Softphone Solutions for Businesses: Types and Advantages
Softphones eliminate the need for physical desk phones or an office setting. Cloud-based softphone solutions provide productivity and cost-saving benefits.
Ready to build better conversations?
Aircall runs on the device you're using right now.